Student Director's Calendar
- Off Book Dates:
- Monday, Sept 23: 10 weeks before shows: Have your play selections narrowed down to your top 3 choices.
- Monday, Sept 30: 9 weeks before shows: Have your play finalized and approved by Mr. Faw.
- Monday, Oct 7: 8 weeks before shows
* Any cuts in the script (if the script is too long...ideal length is 25-35 min for theatre 1, 40-60 for theatre 2).
* If you need to split characters, have them done by this point.
* Have a finalized line count done for every single character (a long monologue will be multiple lines...ask Faw for clarity)
* Have the scenes chosen that you will use for auditions, give them to Faw so copies can be made.
- Monday, Oct 14: 7 weeks before shows (AUDITIONS this week in class)
* The class will be split into 2 groups for theatre 1 auditions, make sure each person reads at least once for each show.
* Be thinking about your cast list as you audition, but realize that the other directors are looking at their show as well.
* When full auditions are done, directors will meet together outside of class to 'fight it out.'
* TYPE OUT THE CAST LIST and have a printed copy in class.
* Make sure every actor has a character name and at least a couple of individual lines when you announce the cast.
NO ONE SHOULD BE LISTED AS 'ENSEMBLE.' (Even if this means you create the characters/lines)
- Monday, Oct 21: 6 weeks before shows (begin in class rehearsals)
- Monday, Oct 28: 5 weeks before shows
- Monday, Nov 4: 4 weeks before shows
* Sometime during this week, we have first in class performance for each other
- Tuesday, Nov 12: 3 weeks before shows
- Monday, Nov 18: 2 weeks before shows
* Sometime during this week (or following week), we have second in class performance for each other
- Monday, Dec 2: 1 week before shows
- Tuesday, Dec 10: THEATRE ARTS 2 PRODUCTION
- Thursday, Dec 12: THEATRE ARTS 1 PRODUCTION