Student Director's Calendar
- Off Book Dates:
- Monday Sept 12: 11 weeks before shows: Choose 8 plays that you and your fellow director could work on.
- Monday Sept 19: 10 weeks before shows: Narrow play selections down to your top 3 choices.
- Monday Sept 26: 9 weeks before shows: Finalize your play, have it approved by Mr. Faw.
* Work on cuts in the script (if the script is too long...ideal length is 25-35 min for theatre 1, up to up to 45 min for theatre 2).
* If you need to split characters, now is the time to do that (before auditions).
* Work on a finalized line count done for each character (a long monologue will be multiple lines...ask Faw for clarity)
* Choose the scenes chosen that you will use for auditions, give them to Faw so copies can be made.
- Monday Oct 3: 8 weeks before shows: (AUDITIONS this week in class)
* The class will be split into 2 groups for theatre 1 auditions, make sure each person reads at least once for each show.
* Be thinking about your cast list as you audition, but realize that the other directors are looking at their show as well.
* When full auditions are done, THR 1 directors may meet together outside of class to 'fight it out.'
* TYPE OUT THE CAST LIST and send it to Faw.
* Make sure every actor has a character name and at least a couple of individual lines when you announce the cast.
NO ONE SHOULD BE LISTED AS 'ENSEMBLE.' (Even if this means you create the characters/lines)
* The cast list will be posted ONLINE after school one day, or over the weekend. No in class posting of the physical cast list.
- Tuesday Oct 11: 7 weeks before shows
* Assign off books dates (and page numbers)
- Monday Oct 17: 6 weeks before shows: (begin full in class rehearsals, we will try to wrap up other class projects by this week)
- Monday Oct 24: 5 weeks before shows
- Monday Oct 31: 4 weeks before shows (this is also NCTC week)
* Sometime around this week, we have first in class performance for each other
- Monday Nov 7: 3 weeks before shows
- Monday Nov 14: 2 weeks before shows
Nov 21-Nov 22: Thanksgiving Week
- Monday Nov 28: 1 week before shows
NOTE: Theatre Arts 2 will have after school rehearsal Monday Dec 5.
- Tuesday Dec 6: THEATRE ARTS 2 PRODUCTION
- Thursday Dec 8: THEATRE ARTS 1 PRODUCTION