Lighting Notes and Information
Lighting Design Project
- Your group will design a lighting presentation around a piece of music (1 minute long or less).
- Your stage will already be set with a small white backdrop to pick up the light and color. If you would like to add a small prop or piece of scenery in front of that, you are welcome to (but not required).
- There can be no live actors on stage, nor any manipulation of the set pieces on stage during the presentation.
- Use at least 4 source four instruments from the catwalk (from these, you should have at least one instrument with a lighting gel, and at least one instrument with a gobo)
- Use at least two color LED instruments from the first electric
- Use at least two other instruments (either Ellipsoidals or PAR's) from the first electric
- You should primarily design your presentation as a show (pressing 'go' to advance cues). You can use a submaster for an effect if you like, but let your focus be in programming your show.
Group 1: Jillian Mann, Abby Grissom, Kara Sparks, Lauren Foyles, Brady Biltz
- In Class Focus/Design Monday Sept 27
- In Class Presentation Wednesday Sept 29
Group 2: Mel Horne, Archyr Edelman, Sha'Miah Crosland, Elliot Leis, Avery Brown
- In Class Focus/Design Friday Oct 1
- In Class Presentation Tuesday Oct 5
Group 3: Tessa Fravel, Navi Berger, Tokyo Martinez, Josh Markotich, Megan Burum
- In Class Focus/Design Thurs Oct 7
- In Class Presentation Mon Oct 11
- Bobblehead Fred Videos
- Lighting Design Online Tools are awesome digital tools for seeing what different lighting effects will look like on stage.
- Hedgehog Lighting Training Videos: Our lighting console at Pinecrest is a Hedgehog
Groups and Pallettes Recording and Playing Back Simple Effects
Lighting Design Videos
Lighting Design, Group 1 (A)
Lighting Design, Group 1 (B)
Lighting Design, Group 2 (A)
Lighting Design, Group 2 (B)
Lighting Design, Group 3 (A)
Lighting Design, Group 3 (B)