Lighting Notes and Information
Lighting Design Project
- Your group will design a lighting presentation around a piece of music (1 minute long or less).
- Your stage will already be set with a small white backdrop to pick up the light and color. If you would like to add a small prop or piece of scenery in front of that, you are welcome to (but not required).
- There can be no live actors on stage, nor any manipulation of the set pieces on stage during the presentation.
- Use at least 4 source four instruments from the catwalk (from these, you should have at least one instrument with a lighting gel, and at least one instrument with a gobo)
- Use at least two color LED instruments from the first electric
- Use at least two other instruments (either Ellipsoidals or PAR's) from the first electric
- You should primarily design your presentation as a show (pressing 'go' to advance cues). You can use a submaster for an effect if you like, but let your focus be in programming your show.
Group 1: Kaylee Newcomer, Jamie Rose, Jillian Mann, Ayla Rodriguez, Kadee Bennett
- In Class Focus/Design Monday Oct 26
- In Class Presentation early on Monday Nov 2
Group 2: Caiden Ray, Erin Tapley, Melissa Horne, Brayden Derra, Jillian Albritton
- In Class Focus/Design second part of Monday, Nov 2
- In Class Presentation later in the period Monday, Nov 9
- Lighting Design Online Tools are awesome digital tools for seeing what different lighting effects will look like on stage.
- Hedgehog Lighting Training Videos: Our lighting console at Pinecrest is a Hedgehog
Groups and Pallettes Recording and Playing Back Simple Effects