Auditions for Honors Theatre Arts 2021-22
Honors Theatre Auditions will be submitted online, due date April 1. Please record a video of your audition monologue (1-2 minute monologue, from a play published within the past 125 years) and share it via Flipgrid. Your formal business letter and resume will be uploaded to Google Classroom (classroom code and flipgrid link posted below).
Requirements for acceptance into Honors Theatre Arts
- Availability for morning and afternoon rehearsals (outside of school) during the fall of 2021.
- Only open to Juniors/Seniors
- Taken and passed Theatre Arts 1 and Theatre Arts 2 (Theatre 2 passed with a grade of 85)
- Maintaining a grade of 85% in previous/current Theatre Class
- Monologue based audition (or, you may choose to present a technical portfolio...talk to Mr. Faw directly for this)
- Submit Honors Theatre Application through Google Classroom.
- Summer Honors Meetings/Auditions: We will meet ( tentatively)during the week of Aug 2-Aug 6, from 9am-1pm daily. These will be out auditions for our Fall 2021 NCTC Play Festival production.
- Ability to pay or fundraise a 'fair share' to help cover the costs of NCTC Play Festival. In past years, the fair share has been around $150. Note: Please do not this stop you from taking the class, if this will be difficult for you or your family. The booster organization is able to help if needed, we just need you to let them know.
For Summer Information (script postings, audition information), we will be using Google Classroom.
We will use Canvas during the actual school year.
- Join the Honors Theatre 2021-22 Google Classroom, classroom code mhoadfy
- Join the Flipgrid Groud 'Honors Theatre Arts 21-22.' Click here for the Flipgrid group, and log in with your ncmcs.net email address.
- Join the Remind Text for Honors Theatre 2021-22, text @PHSHon2122 to the phone number 81010.
- Click here to download specifics about the application (resume, business letter, and monologue) for auditions
Links for help on auditions and monologues: