Auditions for Honors Theatre Arts 2020-21
***Makeup Honors Theatre Auditions will now be submitted online, it is due. Please record a video of your audition monologue (1-2 minute monologue, from a play published within the past 125 years) and share it with me via Google Drive at email@example.com. Also, if you have not yet done so, upload your formal business letter and resume to Google Classroom.***
Requirements for acceptance into Honors Theatre Arts
- Availability for morning and afternoon rehearsals (outside of school) during the fall of 2020. NOTE: this would be dependent upon being allowed to have extracurricular rehearsals, of course.
- Only open to Juniors/Seniors
- Taken and passed Theatre Arts 1 and Theatre Arts 2 (Theatre 2 passed with a grade of 85)
- Maintaining a grade of 85% in previous/current Theatre Class
- Monologue based audition (or, you may choose to present a technical portfolio...talk to Mr. Faw directly for this)
- Submit Honors Theatre Application through Google Classroom by audition
- Summer Honors Meetings/Auditions will NOT be happening during the summer of 2020, due to the meeting restrictions.
- Ability to pay or fundraise a 'fair share' to help cover the costs of NCTC Play Festival. Note: Please do not this stop you from taking the class, if this will be difficult for you or your family. The booster organization is able to help if needed, we just need you to let them know.
For Summer Information (script postings, audition information), we will be using Google Classroom.
We will use Canvas during the actual school year.
- Join the Honors Theatre 2020-21 Google Classroom, classroom code vpj37ju
- Join the Remind Text for Honors Theatre 2020-21, text @PHSHon2021 to phone number 81010
- Click here to download specifics about the application (resume, business letter, and monologue) for auditions
Links for help on auditions and monologues: