Honors Theatre Arts Play Review
A portion of the grade for this class is to see two live theatrical productions (one first semester, and one second semester) and write a review on each production.
- Productions are to be seen outside of class. Your own productions & other Pinecrest Players productions will not count. Additionally, if you see a play during class time with a class, or as part of a class (if your English class takes a field trip to see a local production, for example), this also will not count.
- You may use a play that you are acting in, or working backstage for as well (for instance, if you are working with a community theatre for a production). If you use this, you would be writing it from the perspective of a performer or technician, not as an audience member.
- NOTE: Since attending/participating the NCTC Play Festival is an expectation for this class, a play that you see while you are at the play festival where we are participating will also not count.
- The reviews should be at least a page each. They should be in depth, and well thought out.
- Review should be typed and submitted through Canvas (due dates will be posted on Canvas). You also need to show documentation that you were at that production. This documentation should also be saved through Canvas (picture of the program/ticket stub is fine...a picture of you at the show is fine as well).
- Twenty Percent of your grade for the Play Review will be the documentation that you were at the play.
Review and critique the production from an artist's point of view. Don't just type 'I liked the show...it was funny.' What about the production did you like, or dislike. Why? If you have been working on this play, what would you have done differently? Were there ideas you saw you really liked, that you could use in future productions?
Specific due dates will be posted on Canvas, they will be around exam time at the end of each semester.