Theatre Arts 2 Play Review
You should see, and submit a typed review on, a theatrical production.
- Productions are to be seen outside of class. Your own productions & other Pinecrest Players productions will not count. Additionally, if you see a play during class time with a class, or as part of a class (if your English class takes a field trip to see a local production, for example), this also will not count.
- The review should be at least a page. It should be in depth, and well thought out.
- Play review due be end of semester (specific due date on Canvas).
- Play needs to have been seen during the semester when the class is taught (for instance, if you're taking this class during the fall semester, and you saw a play the previous summer or previous year, that does not count).
- Review should be typed and submitted through Canvas. You also need to show documentation that you were at that production. This documentation should also be saved through Canvas (picture of the program/ticket stub is fine...a selfie of you at the show is fine as well).
- Twenty Percent of your grade for the Play Review will be the documentation that you were at the play.
Play Review Addendum
NOTE: With the closures and cancellations this semester, there are probably no live performances that you will be able to see. For this assignment, you can write the review on a performance that you watched online.
- For your review, you will need to tell me how you accessed the recording (this will count as the 'documentation' that is referenced in the requirements below).
- Make sure that you are watching a legal recording or livestream of this production (yes, I am aware that there are many illegal bootleg versions of Broadway musicals out there on YouTube...don't use them for this assignment).
- Make sure that you are watching a recording of a live performance, not just a movie musical. For example, do not use the 2002 movie version of Chicago starring Renee Zellweger (as awesome as that one is).