Fairy Tale Pantomime Project
Your group will be given a classic fairy tale, and it is your job to create a performance that re-tells the story to your audience. Guidelines for your performance...
- Present your scene entirely in pantomime (no speaking).
- Your production should have at least 6 separate scenes.
- Every actor should be fully involved in each scene (as a character, tree, part of a house, etc)
- Create a soundtrack for your performance...each scene should have at least one song that is unique to that scene (meaning you will have at least 6 different songs). The student directors will be your DJ for the performance.
- Remember the fundamentals of pantomime, and show characterization through your body. Tell your story well!
Fairy Tale Critique Assignment: Will be assigned after the final presentations are posted online.
Assignment: Type a critique of the fairy tale performance project. This assignment should be at least 2 paragraphs.
- Paragraph 1: Go back and watch your own fairy tale performance video, and critique it. Look at the positive aspects...what moments worked very well, what did the audience respond well to, etc? Also, look for areas to improve upon...if you had more rehearsal time, what aspects would you continue to work on?
- Paragraph 2: Watch the other fairy tale scenes as well...which groups did you think told their story particularly well? What moments did you really like?