- Opening Statement: This is the first thing you say to us, and it will tell us why we should pay attention for the next 4-7 minutes. Why is this topic important, why does it excite you? NOTE: Please do not start your speech with 'My Speech is about.....'
- Attention Getter: This should follow the opening statement in your speech. This can be a short song or video (One minute or less), an interesting fact about your topic, a quote, a story, a quick question for the audience...be creative! Hook us!
- Introduction: Think of this like an introduction on a report or an essay...give us a quick overview of your topic, how you are going to cover it during your presentation.
- Speech Body: Again, thinking of this like a report or essay...how are you going to divide the main sections of your speech? If you are presenting on a person, are you going to divide it chronologically (into sections of their life, starting with their youth, going through their life)?
- Conclusion: Once again...like writing an essay...this is where you close your presentation, re-cap your introduction...find some interesting way to end on, something fun, something we will remember.